Skip to main content
Adult Conservation Crews

Frequently Asked Questions

[Image description: Four MCC members holding their chainsaws (with the safety guard on) over their shoulders. In the background, one can see a smoky pink sky.]

What are the guidelines for passing a motor vehicle records check?

The MCC insurance company, Conservation United Insurance, obtains the Motor Vehicle Record and shares this information with MCC.

Drivers with the following criteria should be considered for exclusion from the auto policy. These include, but are not limited to:

  • Under 21 years of age
  • Three (3) or more traffic violations and/or at fault accidents over a three (3) year period OR-

One or more of the following type of serious traffic convictions within the past 3 years

  • Conviction for an alcohol and/or drug related driving offense
  • Refusal to submit to a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) test
  • Failure to stop/report an accident and leaving the scene of an accident as defined by state laws
  • Conviction for homicide, manslaughter, or assault arising out of the use of a vehicle
  • Suspension, revocation, or administrative restriction of driver’s license within the last three years
  • Conviction for reckless or careless driving
  • Racing
  • Passing a stopped school bus 
  • Possession of a controlled substance
  • Making a false accident report
  • Three or more “company vehicle” physical damage claims in any twelve month period
  • Speeding (10+ MPH over posted speed limit)
  • Conviction for attempting to elude a police office

MCC management reserves the right to review individual situations and the insurance company makes final determinations.