Fuels and Fires Crew Member
(Click for Position Description)
Fuels and Fire Crew Member : Central Divide
Location: Helena, MT
Program Dates: 5/16/2022- 10/19/2022
Living Allowance: $737 gross biweekly before taxes are taken out
AmeriCorps Education Award: $3,247.50 upon completion of the program
* This crew has the potential to be deployed on wildland fire incident responses and prescribed burn projects.
* The majority of the project work will include chainsaw work with the Salmon Challis National Forest in Idaho
Women's Fuels and Fire Crew Member
Location: Bozeman, MT
Dates: 5/16/22 - 8/12/22
Living Allowance: $737 biweekly before taxes
Education Award: $1718.25
* This crew is for women identifying participants only
* This crew does NOT work on a prescribed burn during the term of service
* The majority of project work will be chainsaw work for the BLM in Wyoming
These crews will consist of 2 leaders and 4 members. These crews receive training and certifications to prepare for fire crew work after the term has ended.
Work includes: wildland fuels mitigation projects, high amount of chainsaw use, fireline construction and forest health monitoring activities. Other projects include: building or maintaining trails, treating or removing invasive species, building fences, and many more. Not all crews will work on all types of projects.
This crew will allow you to get loads of trigger time and expose you to connections in the fuel’s reduction and fire world. If you're ready for a rugged season with a lot of hard work, this is the crew for you!