What are the guidelines for passing a motor vehicle records check?
The MCC insurance company, Conservation United Insurance, obtains the Motor Vehicle Record and shares this information with MCC.
Drivers with the following criteria should be considered for exclusion from the auto policy. These include, but are not limited to:
- Under 21 years of age
- More than 2 moving violations and/or accidents within the past three years. (Including cellphone violations.)
A major violation(s) during the past 5 years.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence (DWI/DUI/OWI/OUI). The DMV report is being contemplated in its entirety, if there are alcohol offenses present.
- Leaving the scene of an accident (hit and run)
- Careless or reckless driving o Manslaughter/homicide or assault through use of a motor vehicle o Fleeing/eluding a police officer
- Commission of a felony
- More than 3 vehicle related suspensions/reinstatements over a three-year period. (Count these separately from the other violations)
- Drivers who currently have a suspended, expired or revoked License.
MCC management reserves the right to review individual situations and the insurance company makes final determinations.