What are the benefits?
AmeriCorps Participants Receive Many Benefits!
- Education Award Use for student loans, certifications, work trade programs, education expenses, and more
- Forbearance for certain student loans while serving with AmeriCorps.
- FREE Health Insurance*
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) FREE access to 24/7 behavioral health resources. Also includes financial planning, legal assistance, life coaching, and more!
- Living Allowance
- AmeriCorps Child Care Benefits
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Meals provided while on projects
- Access to Pro Deals
- We provide uniform work shirts and transportation to work sites.
- Tools and safety gear are covered. Things like hard hat, work gloves, ear protection, safety glasses and group camping gear. We have some items to loan if needed
- DEI funds to help purchase gear or travel to Montana.
- Basic First Aid & CPR
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid
- Chainsaw Certification
- Crosscut Certification
- Applicators License
- Defensive Driving
Training and Opportunities*
- Training on Resume Building, Interviewing, and Federal Hiring
- Hand & Power Tool Use (including chainsaw and crosscut saw)
- Backcountry Travel & Navigation
- Trail Maintenance & Construction
- Leave No Trace
- Habitat Management & Improvement
- Leadership development program. This program will enhance, communication, team building, and stewardship.
- Learn about natural resource management
- Develop life skills, work skills, and a strong service ethic
- Connect with project partners: federal, state, and non-profits for career opportunities
- Join our network of alumni in natural resource careers all over the country
- Work in beautiful, wild, and protected places.
- Work in National Forests, wilderness areas, and National Parks.
- Make lasting changes to the environment, climate, and our communities.
*Benefits vary by position or individual eligibility. Contact us if you have questions.